Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Frequently Asked Questions: Apple HomeKit
What Does “HomeKit-enabled” mean for Serena Shades and Caséta™ Wireless Light Controls?
Serena Shades can be operated by talking to Siri in your home when you have a 2nd Generation Lutron Smart Bridge connected to WiFi and the free Lutron App installed on an iOS device using iOS9 or higher with Apple® HomeKit.
Caséta™ Wireless Light Controls can be operated by talking to Siri in your home when you have a 2nd Generation Lutron Smart Bridge connected to WiFi and the free Lutron App installed on an iOS device with Apple® HomeKit.
Operating any HomeKit-enabled products outside the home talking to Siri requires 4th Generation Apple TV. For more information on HomeKit click here.
Which Serena shades are compatible with HomeKit?
Serena roller & honeycomb shades work with Apple® HomeKit. Serena wood blinds are not compatible at this time.
Are Serena wood blinds compatible with HomeKit?
Serena wood blinds are not compatible at this time.
What Apple hardware/software is required for HomeKit?
- An iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod ® touch with iOS 8.3 or later is required for HomeKit. You can check your iOS version in Settings > General > About > Version.
- For remote access you’ll need to have a third generation or later Apple TV with software version 7.0 or later in your home. Follow the steps here to make sure you have a supported Apple TV: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200008.
- Remote access through Apple TV may require you to log out of iCloud® and log back in on your Apple TV.
- Tip: Siri ® will be more responsive if you set the “Sleep After” setting to “Never” in Settings >
- If you have any other issues setting up Apple TV, please contact Apple Customer Support.
What Lutron hardware/software is required for HomeKit?
- A Lutron Smart Bridge generation 2 (L-BDG2-WH) or Lutron Smart Bridge PRO generation 2 (L-BDGPRO2-WH) is required, as well as the iOS Lutron App for Caséta Wireless version 2.2 or later.
- Note: the Lutron Smart Bridge model number MUST contain a “2” in it. The Lutron Smart Bridges without the “2” in the model number do not support HomeKit. With the exception of HomeKit support, all other features remain identical for generation 1 and generation 2.
Do the Lutron HomeKit features work with non-Apple smartphones and tablets (e.g. Android™)?
The Lutron App for Caséta Wireless is available for Android. However, Android devices do not have Siri and do not support third-party HomeKit apps. All Lutron Smart Bridges (generation 1 and 2) have identical performance on Android.
Can everyone in the home use Siri from their own iOS device?
Yes, everyone in the home with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later can use Siri to control Caséta Wireless dimmers in the home. To do this, you need to select the “Siri Integration” option in the “Settings” within the Lutron App and add multiple users. When inviting other users you need to enter their iCloud Apple ID. Once the invitation is accepted, they will also be able to control the lights in the home using Siri.
Does Siri work with Lutron shades?
When used with Caséta Wireless, Siri can control Lutron wireless shades in iOS 9 and later.